The Monitoring Station Officer reports to the Shift Supervisor who in turn will liaise with the Support Services Manager. The officer will be monitoring and providing services to a variety of activities both on and off site.
Location: North York, Ontario
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact and assist customers via intercom or telephone.
- Identify emergency and non-emergency situations on site and at remote sites while following site protocols.
- Remotely access Parking control system to troubleshoot and provide level-1 customer support.
- Monitor alarm and dispatch technicians as required.
- Manage Incidents from logging, triaging, routing and escalation of open incidents using Incident management software.
- Submit end of shift report to Support Services Manager.
- Answer incoming calls and direct to appropriate department extension.
- Monitor all access control and pay on foot sites.
- Monitor and track company vehicles.
- Input fuel filling data for onsite and offsite filling in Fuel log.
- Monitor Temperature and Power Controls.
- Responsible for monitoring security for head office, branch offices and off site properties.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in Business Management or Operations.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a monitoring/call/command centre environment serving a large customer base in fast paced setting.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer centric environment.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Security Clearance.
- The ability to communicate and interacts well one on one, or by telephone and email with staff to gather information needed to carry out your duties.
skills and specifications
- Strong computer skills, must have experience with Window XP or higher; Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new software /applications.
- Flexible to work on a rotating shift schedule (morning, afternoon, evening, weekend and/or statutory holiday shifts).
- Must have excellent communication skills as well as a professional phone manner.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken. Bilingual in French would be an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills required with the ability to resolve conflict and problems. Must also have the ability to manage difficult customer situations and maintain customer’s attention.
- Ability to operate independently as well as in a team.
Please forward your resume to the department director, email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that all resumes will be kept on file for future consideration.
Precise ParkLink is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please advise the Resource Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the process.