The Customer Service Representative (CSR) reports to the Manager of Customer Service/Enforcement and is the liaison between the customers and enforcement/service team. The CSR handles all complaints and overcharge claims from consumers on a day-to-day basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handling incoming calls and obtaining necessary information to determine the course of action.
- Retrieve information of parking meter location and verify rates from databases
- Diverting incoming call regarding machine malfunctioning to service department.
- Diverting incoming call to appropriate merchant if Precise is not responsible for refund on behalf of merchant.
- Retrieval of credit card scanned information from Precise BI web site to verify the validity of the transaction.
- Retrieval of machine status from Precise BI web site to verify the machine’s operational history.
- To provide machine history information to enforcement administration department on dispute of parking invoice.
- Opening claims for overpayment/overcharge inquiries and gathering necessary documentations.
- Daily filing of documents.
- Assist customers locate vehicles or provide customers with instructions for locating vehicles.
- Calculate parking charges, and collect fees from customers.
- Lift, position, and remove barricades in order to open or close parking areas.
- Provide customer assistance and information, such as giving directions or handling wheelchairs.
- Provide transportation information to passengers or customers.
- Assist customers to ensure comfort or safety.
- Direct vehicle traffic
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
- Explain and calculate parking charges, collect fees from customers, and respond to customer complaints
- Prepare cash for deposit or disbursement
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- The CSR needs to be detail oriented, a quick learner, a quick thinker, efficient and possess good attitude and work ethic and excellent problem-solving skills.
- The CSR must be able to keep information private, as confidential information is dealt with on a daily basis. They also need to be honest, and able to take responsibility for their work.
- Must have good telephone manner and courteous.
- Must have a reasonable understanding of debit and credit concepts and basic accounting knowledge.
- Must have very good computer and keyboarding skills, good organizational ability and an eye for detail.
The ability to communicate and interacts well one on one, or by telephone and email with staff to gather information needed to carry out your duties.
The ability to communicate and interact well with callers.
The CSR must have a minimum of 2 years work experience in the area of customer service. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs, especially Word/Access. Results oriented, organized and good communication skills.
Background Check Required (criminal and credit)
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Hours: 7:00AM – 3:00PM, 10:00-18:00 & 15:00-23:00 – 40 hour week (hours are subject to change)
Precise ParkLink is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please advise the Resource Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the process.