Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Inspect and test equipment in order to diagnose and analyze problems.
• Determine nature of repairs and modifications required to minimize interruption to production.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of electrical, electronic, instrumentation, mechanical, process principles and current techniques through ability to install, dismantle, reassemble, replace, calibrate, repair, adjust, fabricate, lubricate, maintain, etc., systems and equipment as assigned.
• Perform special investigation and experimental work as required.
• Develop new or modified applications and procedures.
• Perform simple layouts for minor fabrications.
• Perform burning and various types of soldering.
• Develop, provide and ensure complete and proper safety clearances and procedures as required.
• Employee may work alone, with minimal supervision or with other Maintenance Technicians in conjunction with operating team members to perform maintenance tasks.
• Industrial Electrician Certificate of Qualification (442A)
• Minimum of 5 years experience in an industrial environment.
• Consideration will also be given to candidates possessing an Electrician - Construction & Maintenance Certificate of Qualification (309A), but these individuals must have extensive experience in maintenance and trouble-shooting of industrial equipment.
The Work Environment Requirements of the job are as follows:
• The job is within a heavy industrial environment and you may be required to work within various areas of the facility. Depending on the area you work in, the environmental conditions may be hot, cold, dirty, dusty, wet or noisy.
• Safety is our highest priority, and safety procedures and guidelines must be adhered to at all times. This includes wearing personal protective equipment, such as a hard hats, eye protection, hearing protection, respirators, flame retardant clothing and safety shoes with metatarsal protection at all times during a work shift.
• Employees work in a unionized, highly industrial setting.
This position is for an afternoon shift.
Precise ParkLink is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please advise the Resource Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout the process.