The Monitoring Station Officer reports to the Shift Supervisor who in turn will liaise with the Support Services Manager. The officer will be monitoring and providing services to a variety of activities both on and off site.
Location: North York, Ontario
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact and assist customers via intercom or telephone.
- Identify emergency and non-emergency situations on site and at remote sites while following site protocols.
- Remotely access Parking control system to troubleshoot and provide level-1 customer support.
- Monitor alarm and dispatch technicians as required.
- Manage Incidents from logging, triaging, routing and escalation of open incidents using Incident management software.
- Submit end of shift report to Support Services Manager.
- Answer incoming calls and direct to appropriate department extension.
- Monitor all access control and pay on foot sites.
- Monitor and track company vehicles.
- Input fuel filling data for onsite and offsite filling in Fuel log.
- Monitor Temperature and Power Controls.
- Responsible for monitoring security for head office, branch offices and off site properties.
- Other reasonable duties as assigned.
- Degree or diploma in Business Management or Operations.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a monitoring/call/command centre environment serving a large customer base in fast paced setting.
- Demonstrated experience working in a customer centric environment.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Security Clearance.
- The ability to communicate and interacts well one on one, or by telephone and email with staff to gather information needed to carry out your duties.
skills and specifications
- Strong computer skills, must have experience with Window XP or higher; Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new software /applications.
- Flexible to work on a rotating shift schedule (morning, afternoon, evening, weekend and/or statutory holiday shifts).
- Must have excellent communication skills as well as a professional phone manner.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken. Bilingual in French would be an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills required with the ability to resolve conflict and problems. Must also have the ability to manage difficult customer situations and maintain customer’s attention.
- Ability to operate independently as well as in a team.
Please forward your resume to the department director, email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please note that all resumes will be kept on file for future consideration.